Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome!

     Hi!  This is my first official blog post and I'm excited (and a little nervous - which is pretty silly since no one's seen the blog yet, right?)!  If you're reading this though, thank you!  One of my life dreams is to become a writer (of books) but since that is a much longer process and farther down the road, right now I'll be writing and sharing on here! So, a little about me first - I live in Texas with my husband and our absolutely awesome 3 year old son (I'm not biased really - anyone who's met him can testify that he's insanely adorable!), and in 2012 we moved about 5 hours away from where we've lived our entire lives.  Ironically, right about the time I was THIS-CLOSE to having the home we owned just the way I wanted it, we moved. For now we are renting a house again, so my ongoing mission to keep a pretty, organized, DIY home now has the added challenge of it being in a rental - which means no wall painting, remodeling, or permanent changes.  (Those rules also work if you're someone who likes to change things up a lot too!  Not that I resemble that at all......)  I'm finally finished (mostly) unpacking, but we just got through the holidays and you know how that can go - the house is a wreck!  Plus, with a new (not technically ours) house, new schedules, jobs, and everything in between, lots of the systems, organizing pieces, decor, etc. that I used in our old house no longer work well for us.  So, I'm starting from scratch!  (And after the holidays, with gifts, guests, craft orders, and general overall mayhem - it's a pretty messy "scratch"!)

     I love to repurpose items and give new life to old (or previously owned) pieces, as well as find ways to DIY costlier items I see in stores or catalogs.  I'm also passionate about helping others bring custom, personalized solutions and decor to their homes!  I hope you'll join me along the way in my never-ending mission to make this house the best Pretty, Organized DIY Home possible!  Let the fun begin!!!

1 comment: